Thursday, February 14, 2008

if you care for an update... here it is...

First off, school is sooo insane. No exaggeration, I am at school for about 10-14 hours per day. Even on my days off! (yes, this includes weekends) My life outside of school is... well... interesting to say the least. The people in my life never cease to amaze me. "Amaze" does not necessarily mean a good thing. People really are full of surprises. Here's a run down, image wise, on what's happening around me...

I have ranted about living on Sunset before, but I don't know if I mentioned how many lame movies are filmed on Sunset and Park (park is my cross street). At first I thought it was really cool to have movies filmed right outside but the more often it happened the less cool it became. They close off the entire street leaving you to pay a meter or park miles away. I don't know what movie is being filmed today but this lingers on the front door... I should go back home and photograph their movie making skills in action...


Moving along...

Eric came down to visit this week. It was nice to be able to take a night off and spend some time with him. I called it a night off but I still had to work. Here's a shot I took of him with the 4x5...


and here is my beloved record player...


For those of you who follow this blog, remember I took a trip to New York over my Winter break, well here are some images I shot on film that I just had time develop...




Nearly done... for Fine Art Photo I had to in a sense "rip off" the style of a well known photographer. I chose Stephen Shore. His work is pretty awesome. He shoots color negs which I attempted, haha. He focuses on "American surfaces". Mundane, Banal objects/scenes and makes you look at them. I set out to find a house that in my opinion is very "American". A house I wouldn't find anywhere but here... annnnd here it is...


I am looking forward to this weekend. There is a huge moped ride that I will be shooting for a project of mine. I hope I make it to the weekend, I've got a loooooot of work to do. Ohhh yeah, if I see anymore people being all "valentiney and in love" I'm going to throw something... you know how I do. Holla.

THE END.

No comments: