Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Traveling makes me think too much....

My life feels like it is in constant change. People are rapidly in and out, I have an inability to remain in one place for longer than a few months, and my religious/political views are never set in stone. I am not complaining about the nature of my life, I am merely coming to terms with it. My first term at Art Center just ended. I am really happy about where I am as an artist. I feel like I was pushed and challenged which is so refreshing. These past few days have been extremely interesting. I find it odd that someone can stop caring about someone else as soon as it isn't convenient. It's sad really. It says a lot about the lack of respect people have for one another. I guess that is just one more person I was wrong about. Ah well.

With exiting individuals always comes entering ones. Now this particular one is completely unexpected and extremely welcome. I think there are people placed in your life that are going to bring change along with them. I feel that here. Another change is underway. People that know me, even if they hardly know me, know I feel that I have a responsibility to the world. I rarely meet people who share my seriousness on this issue. This person does. Maybe even more than me at times. I am excited to see where this goes. I am excited that there are people in this world who, like me, would prefer to live their lives solely to serve others. It may sound like a common thing among people, but it really isn't. It's easy to say you want to live in Africa and take care of orphans, or be a hero to kids in Honduras, but very few people actually do. They want to talk big and live, well... certainly not changing the world. We are the extraordinary. You'll see.

No comments: