Friday, July 23, 2010

Elizabeth's chair...

I hadn't been back to Elizabeth's house for a while until yesterday. My wonderful friend Brian accompanied me down to Menifee to retrieve more items from the houses. My graduation show is coming up on Aug 21st and I wanted to have some more letters to display with the images I've made. Well, due to some extreme traffic we didn't get to Menifee until about 8:30pm, right as any light left in the sky quickly disappears. We decided to sneak in to the houses anyway. I can honestly say I've never been scared being there until last night. The eerie way the wind moves through that house and causes every door and window to creak really sends an uneasy feeling up your spine. Since we were scared and had no flashlights we didn't come back with much, but! we were able to take a chair with us. I am so excited to include this in my installation. I spent a few hours scrubbing off rust from it today and it's starting to look pretty good.



This podcast explains exactly why I am doing my project:
This American Life - House on Loon Lake

No comments: