Friday, July 2, 2010

Needles and skid row...

My landlord Michael works for this really cool non-profit called Clean Needles Now, you should definitely check them out and give them money.

This morning he let me tag along with them while they did a needle exchange down on skid row. For those of you who have been down in that area before you know how insane it is and for those of you who haven't I am not sure anything I could write could really convey the mania in those couple of blocks. It's only like 3.5 miles from my house but it is a completely different world.

I went today with the intention of taking photos but it wasn't an easy place to shoot and I didn't want to invade anyone's privacy or prevent them from taking part in the needle exchange. I think in the 3 hours I was there I ended up snapping about 6 photos and 4 came out all right... so here they are...






Although I didn't get a lot of images from going this morning it was really great to be around the Clean Needles Now team. What they are doing for people out on the streets is extremely important. Check them out and spread the word.

No comments: