Friday, July 30, 2010

The final image for grad show...

Last Sunday I shot my final image for grad show, which is August 21st at 6pm @ Art Center College of Design. The Friday evening before the shoot everything fell apart. The WB wardrobe house declined to rent me my reserved costumes due to some ridiculous and confusing policies. The original shoot I had planned was an elaborate cocktail party scene involving eight people total. I had been planning the shoot for over a month, I had an amazing location booked, props and styling all planned out, assistants, hair and makeup and of course excluding me my seven wonderful models, well to make a long story short I found myself with all of this except the key component pulling it all together and that was of course the costumes. In a calm panic I drove to school to see what I could do which unfortunately turned out to be nothing. I had to start from scratch with one day to plan an entire 1960's themed shoot. Luckily, I ran into Alyssa Lavine, we talked things out and a new shoot started to form. From there I had to call everyone and cancel the original shoot, but luckily Megan Mack and her boyfriend Ian agreed to pose in my new shoot. Saturday I got up early and drove all over Los Angeles in search of props and wardrobe. A good friend of mine accompanied me on my excursion and by 10pm on Saturday night I had just about everything for the shoot the next day. Except of course the tablecloth, which was purchased from Joanne's bright and early on Sunday morning. My sister, Katie and Tina arrived Sunday at about 1:30 ready to make all of us over. From there on out everything went great. Without the encouragement of my sister and friends I don't think I could of pulled this shoot off. I am not one who usually deals well with stress but even Micael was impressed at my ability to push through without a breakdown. I really owe a big thank you to everyone that helped out on Sunday, so THANKS! You guys are the greatest. Here are some images from the day...












Echo Park & Silverlake, CA.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job, Christie. Sorry the first one didn't work out. At least this one makes it more interesting. I enjoyed all the details. Wish I could me there to share in this special celebration. I am very proud of you for sticking it out. You are in my thoughts & prayers.
I love you.
Grandmother

Unknown said...

Thank you grandmother! Love you! Miss you!